Monday, January 26, 2015

Stylish Chandelier Make-overs



Hi Folks!


So I visited my friends on the net for some ideas on Chandeliers make-overs.  And I wasn’t disappointed at all.  The folks out there are pretty creative.  

Come on folks, let’s be inspired and get those creative juices flowing.

Hanna had a one of a million light fixture before her makeover. After inverting it, giving it a shot of spray paint and stringing beads, now it's one IN a million:





Jen’s makeover is an example of a totally paint-less makeover. She gave her brass chandelier some class with new shades, fabric and some crystals.

Sarah chose to soften the look of her brass chandelier with white and pink spray paint, a pink (handmade) cord cover and crystals.





Check out Katie's tag-sale chandelier. She decided to ditch the shades and bling it out with crystals as well.





Anna had a familiar-looking chandelier on her hands that she hated, so she tried to sell it on Craigslist. After a few months of languishing there, she pulled the advert. Good thing she did, because after making it over, it looks amazing, and, most importantly, Anna loves it.
















Source: 10 Stylish Chandelier Make-overs





And if gardening is more your thing, here’s some ideas to get the garden looking superb!


Upcycling  Hanging lamps for the Garden:


We all have seen these old out of date light fixtures,..mostly in thrift shops and at yard sales.  Now you can see what can be done with them by these creative folks! 

Sonia Kirk's old chandelier


Sonia Kirk says, ”I turned an old unused light fixture into a planter and candle holder for a unique outdoor fixture. I actually bought it at a garage sale many years ago. Instead of painting it I’m just going to let it rust.

The glass shades are removable and I left the bulb holders in place in case I want to replace the plants with taper candles for more light. I’ve wanted to do this for awhile and finally finished it. I can’t wait to set our patio table and dine in the candlelight!

Sonia’s transformation





Ann Elias: This  is my light ‘up-cycle’ project from last year.  I got this light..painted it black…replaced the bulbs with solar lights…and then I was going to hang it from a shepherds hook..but then I noticed it would slide right into a piece of conduit…so I painted that black also. Inserted that into the ground. Instant light with no wiring!  I plan on making more of these types of lights for the garden.




For the full article visit: http://www.fleamarketgardening.org/2013/07/03/recycling-old-light-fixtures-for-the-garden/

Visit Bond Tradings and come and view our stock in person. Pics below are what we have on offer! Come on, let the transformation begin!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment